Each year, hundreds of volunteers tell us that touching the lives of Transitions LifeCare patients and families are among their most rewarding experiences. We offer a variety of ways to use your hands, hearts and talents to offer hope and comfort. Some of the ways you can make a difference include:
- Family Support Volunteers – provide respite, emotional and household assistance to hospice patients and their families.
- Pet Therapy – for volunteers recognized by a pet partners program.
- Music and the expressive arts.
- Ambassadors – provide talks and educational events to corporations, civic groups, faith communities, and health care providers on end-of-life care issues.
- Assistance with fundraisers and special events.
- Other Creative Ways – Individuals may offer a special talent or service such as supportive phone calls, yard work, care packages, homemade meals, or baked goods.
- Veteran Recognition – Volunteer veterans acknowledge the military service and sacrifices made by the Veteran and his/her family.