The number of people we are serving has increased dramatically in the last year. Our numbers keep increasing, as food and financial donations have decreased due to a tough economy. Thank you for remembering the needs of approximately 300 plus men, women and children that come to us hungry and in need of a free meal. Our needed kitchen and food items are listed below.
Shepherd’s Table Soup Kitchen Needed Items:
- Liquid Laundry Detergent (High Efficiency)
- New cotton dish towels and wash cloths (not microfiber please)
- Tin foil (by roll)
- Ziploc storage bags
- 409 or any multi-purpose spray cleaner
- Name Tags (stick on)
- Liquid dish and hand soap
- Plastic storage containers (with lids for food storage)
- 5 gallon thermos for drinks, with lids
- Small appliances – new or slightly used: Mixers, coffee makers, food processors
- Monetary Donations are always very much needed
Needed Food Items:
- #10 canned vegetables (green beans, mixed vegetables, collards, carrots)
Regular size cans will work too but larger #10 are easier for us to open and serve more people.
- #10 canned diced tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Spices: Black pepper, salt, cumin, garlic powder, dehydrated onion, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, cajun spices, white pepper
- Sugar – white and brown
- Brown Gravy Mix
- Packaged desserts: cakes, brownies, cookies, etc. (whole)
- Texas Pete, Peanut Butter, Barbecue Sauce, Salad Dressing (prefer large containers of Thousand Island, Ranch, Italian or Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- Bottled Water
Where to Deliver Goods
Church of the Good Shepherd (we are located on the basement floor)
121 West Morgan St.
Raleigh NC 27603
All deliveries can be made Monday-Friday to the Soup Kitchen entrance from 9am-5pm, however if arriving AFTER 1PM please contact the staff to let them know when you will arrive. If you’re coming before 1PM, come directly to the Soup Kitchen entrance which is located on the back side of Church of the Good Shepherd. The church is on the corner of Morgan and McDowell St. You’ll see the back of the church and the church’s parking lot. Look for the large white cement trash enclosure. In between the trash enclosure and the church building you’ll see a walk-down ramp and that is the entrance to the soup kitchen.
Contact Tamara Gregory, Executive Director if you have questions:
919-831-2011 or SoupKitchen@Shepherds-Table.org